What to do when Customer Loyalty becomes business as usual
A lot of companies start measuring customer loyalty by adding the ulimate question to their customer satifaction survey. When they notice that this metric is indeed a much better metric they often start redesigning their survey. Next to that we all learned that the closed loop to the customer is one of the most important thing. How could this be done when we only measure once a year? Dr. Kit Skov Hagemann of Experian leads us to the process they went through to re-energise their Net Promoter Programme.
They did the Net Promoter 360 view assement with Satmetrix, with the following outcome:
- Restructure the loyalty programme
- Re-engineer the survey & scope
- Re-invigorate the loyalty buzz
They started immediately with in-depth investigation by using touch-point mapping. With the outcome that the support desk needed to be re-organised. They increased the frontline engagment through CRM and personalised their organisational communication.
The key learnings which can be extracted from their case are:
- Get your frontline people engaged
- Ensure people skills match development stage
- Do not over engineer, keep it stupid simple (KISS) and make it practical