Meet Richard Owen
President and Chief Executive Officer, NICE Satmetrix
Insights from Our Interview with NICE Satmetrix CEO Richard Owen
The State of Customer Experience
Why do some companies lead while others lag? Promoters and their positive word of mouth provide one answer, according to Net Promoter methodology, but there’s more to it than that. During 10 years of successful deployments, we at NICE Satmetrix have learned a lot about how NPS measures customer engagement and impacts marketing acquisition, development, and retention. Today’s NPS leaders integrate measurement, customer centric processes and smart marketing into a holistic approach that connects the entire customer journey – from acquisition to lifetime value, and back again – to drive continued growth. Learn what it takes to marry theory and practice to execute success.
Strike Up a Conversation
When you meet Richard in person, strike up a conversation! Here’s a few insights from, and about, Richard to get you started:
- Three-word advice for CX success: Engage frontline employees!
- Admirable CX practice: Uber, for its ability to remove all friction from what was once a hassle-filled experience.
- Top tip for raising the profile of CX: Sell the economic impact.
- Most common CX career mistake? Thinking it’s about technical chops, as opposed to organizational, operational and people skills.
- Talk to me about: Movies. I love movies.
- Hidden talent? I’m a pilot who’s survived 2000 takeoffs and landings. Takeoffs are optional, landings are essential.
- Life-long passion: Behavioral economics. Seriously. Can’t get enough of that stuff.